Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Get Movin'

It's almost Wednesday, halfway through the work week.  Have you exercised this week, yet? If not, then get movin'.  You should exercise at least 3-5 days per week for 30 minutes or more.  Exercising can be fun. Dance or ride your bike if you don't like to run or use a machine at the gym. I personally like to do a mixture of cardio and strength training throughout the week. Cardio burns fats and calories, but strength training continues to burn calories even when you're not working out.  The muscle that you build takes energy to maintain it.  I prefer to run and do my elliptical for cardio training, but I also like some DVDs that provide a mixture of cardio bursts and weights.  Jackie Warner has a great DVD out that works everything called Workout: One-On-One Training with Jackie. I work-out to it at least once a week. Every time I do her DVD, my muscles are sore the next day (good sore, not pain).  I bought mine at Target or you can check-out her website and buy it there. Jackie Warner's website.  She combines squats, lunges, weights, cardio, upper body, lower body, and abs all on one DVD. I usually do the entire workout video, but she has three different parts that you can mix and match, or just play one at a time.  Each segment lasts about 20 minutes.  So, get movin' and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment